Growing up in Cleveland, OH, Kenny moved to Nashville at the age of 21 to play guitar. Since that time he has worked with many of country’s top artists including Taylor Swift, Brooks & Dunn, Gretchen Wilson, Willie Nelson, Kenny Chesney, Wynona Judd, Lee Ann Womack, Toby Keith, Sugarland, Tricia Yearwood, Montgomery Gentry, and Faith Hill. His guitar work has been included on projects with Bob Seger, Amy Grant, Etta James, Mandy Moore, Jewel, Indigo Girls, and Peter Cetera.
Production and Writing Credits
- Produced the Academy Award nominated song “Soft Place To Fall” from the Robert Redford movie The Horse Whisperer. Also contributed instrumental music to the movie and soundtrack.
- Produced three Grammy winning records in the Rock/Gospel category on Ashley Cleveland.
- Produced and played guitar on Edwin McCain’s platinum record Misguided Roses on Atlantic Records.
- Produced country artists Pam Tillis, The Mavericks, Allison Moorer, folk artist Joan Baez, and alt rock band Llama.
- Written and produced instrumental music that has been used in the VH1 Behind the Music series, Beverly Hills 90210, Baywatch, Fox Sports, NBC sports, Entertainment Tonight, the Lifetime channel, the Playboy channel, etc.
- As a songwriter, Kenny wrote the Amy Grant hit “House of Love” and SheDaisy’s “Little Goodbyes.” He has produced and written the ’04 ASCAP Christian song of the year, “More,” and was nominated for GMA song of the year in ’05.
- His studio (Ken’s Gold Club) was in EQ magazine in Feb ’02 in the “Room with a VU” section.